Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Changes

With regret, I’m discontinuing my Random Thoughts.

Instead, I’m turning to shorter, more-or-less single subject posts. I’ve been meaning to increase my frequency for a while now, and it doesn’t take a genius to see how consolidating several subjects into 1000-word essays gets in the way of that.

But that’s not all! Just to organize things even further, I might as well make those labels actual categories: Books, Music, Movies, Video Games, and introducing Random – anything that doesn’t fit the first four.

And Personal, for anything referring to me personally. Duh.

I think that covers everything.

If you haven’t figured it out, I like order. I’m generally a tidy person. Figuratively and literally, I like fitting things into neat little boxes.

I remember taking a personality test years ago; one question stuck with me. Who would you admire more? Someone with the discipline to stick to a routine? Or someone who can adapt to any situation easily?

I chose the latter. Not to say discipline is easy. But like I said: boxes. I think in straight lines, as opposed to loops or zig-zags. I need time to adjust, to draw new lines. Being able to adjust to novelty on the fly…that’s cool.

But here’s the thing: life is all about changes. It’s important to recognize when the familiar isn’t working as well as it should, and when we should move on to something new. Which can be a lot harder than it sounds. We just have to believe things will turn out better than before.

I guess this serves as an example.

So yeah. That’s all for now.

*clears throat*

So long, and good night…



Bonus points if you can name the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment